PADC Grants Program - 2017/2018
Congratulations to the following PADC grant recipients!
- Student Leadership Workshop: Restorative Justice Training – PHS & MHS
- PHS Student Led Diversity Awareness Festival: K~12
- PMS Diversity Day
- Tri-school Library Collection: Social Justice and Gender Identity Inclusion
- Diversity Awareness Committee at PHS/MHS
- Readmont – One City, One Book – community wide reading and sharing of a book; 2018 book is about North Korea
- ‘We are Piedmont’, 3rd year. PHS AP Art & Piedmont City Photography Project
- Diversity Mural at PHS
- Mural for TK/Kindergarten Yard at Havens Elementary School
- PMS Tolerance Mural by Safe Space Club (co-fund with PAINTS)
- PMS after school Art Circle (co-fund with PAINTS)
- Olympic Day – tri-school 5th graders
Each year, we award grants to teachers, staff and high school students of the Piedmont Unified School District for projects that advance the mission of the PADC. Grant funding generally ranges from $200 to $2,000 for specific projects and educational programs. Occasionally, grants larger than $2,000 are granted for projects that have a significant impact on the school community. In 2017-18 PADC awarded over $8,300 in grants from money that was generated through fundraising and generous donations from community supporters.
We encourage innovative approaches that engage students in interactive projects and welcome projects with the potential for long-term impact on large segments of students and our community. We also invite high school students to work jointly with teachers and administrative staff for submitting grant applications. Those interested in applying should complete the application form online at the link below, or submit a pdf version of your application to the grants coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org