Congratulations to the following 2017 PADC grant recipients.
- Anti-Bias Tri-school Library Collection – funding anti-bias book selections
- Piedmont Tri-School SERVES* - Community Service Projects
- Olympic Day – 5th grade tri-schoolers learn about Africa through athletics
- Black History Month Assembly – Story teller comes to Havens Elementary School to share African American history and culture
- ‘We are Piedmont’ , 2nd year - http://www.wearepiedmont.com/
- Memory Project – PHS/MHS Art students create orphan and refugee children’s portraits through https://memoryproject.org/
- PHS/MHS Service Learning - School wide service learning project
- Readmont – One City, One Book – community wide reading and sharing of a book; 2017 book is a memoir about a Syrian American’s experience
- Ethnicity Assembly at PHS/MHS – assembly led by high school students
Each year, the PADC awards grants to teachers, staff and high school students of the Piedmont Unified School District for projects that advance the mission of the PADC. Grant funding generally ranges from $200 to $2,000 for specific projects and educational programs. Occasionally, grants larger than $2,000 are granted for projects that have a significant impact on the school community. In 2016-17 PADC awarded over $6,000 in grants from money that was generated through fundraising and generous donations from community supporters.
PADC encourages innovative approaches that engage students in interactive projects, and welcome projects with the potential for long-term impact on large segments of students and our community.
* Co-sponsored with PAINTS, Piedmont Art in the Schools